Sunday, September 23, 2012

5x5 Video Challenge



Clips
1. Entering the park down concrete steps
2. Walking on a wall of concrete bricks
3. Swinging
4. Monkey Bars
5. Down the Slide

I shot my 5x5 Video during a short visit to my Neighbhorhood Park, using the camera application of the iPad  2.  I carefully edited the clips using Windows Live Movie Maker, which I already had on my computer.  This software allowed me to zoom into each clip, in order to precisely cut the lengths to five seconds each.  The split function was easy to navigate and use, yet the absence of a timeline made a bit difficult to keep track of the exact seconds.

Overall, I am pleased with my the product of my 5x5 video.  My piece shows something I used to loved doing as kid (going to the park).  The movement of my camera as I walked on the pavemet or swung on the swingset, adds a nice effect.

For the next video challenge, I would like to incorporate people and medium closeups shots of their emotions.  The goal of the project would be to incorporate skills of closeups and focusing, in order to portray a common emotion among the participants in the video.  Music should be another requirement so as to complement the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment